Department of Neurosurgery
The super specialty of neurosurgery has a tremendous history in this Medical College. Neurosurgery is being performed here since 1958. The greatest stalwaqrt in this field has been Professor Dr. R. S. Sharkar because of whom generations of students of this college took up the specialty of Neurosurgery and are doing exemplary work in the continent and outside.
This department has a totally separate building and is at present having 100 beds. The department imparts super specialty training in Neurosurgery and seven M.ch. students have already passed out and most of them are very well placed. The department has all the facilities available for modern Neurosurgery.
Very shortly we shall be able to perform the vascular surgery with the availability of DSA machine for four vessel angiography.
Dr. S. N. Iyengar
Professor & Head,
LIST OF HEADs OF DEPARTMENT
1 Padmshree Dr. R.S.Dharker 1971 to 1980
2 Dr. R.LAgrawal 1980 to 1986
3 Dr. N.D. Vaishya 1986 to 2001
4 Dr. S. N. Iyengar 2001 to till date
Dr. R.S. Dharkar Padmshree
Department Establish Date 1972
- Dr. S. N. Iyengar, Professor & Head
- Dr. R. L. S. Sengar, Professor
- Dr. Avinash Sharma, Associate Professor
- Dr. Avdesh Shukla, Associate Professor
- Dr. Aditya Shrivastava, Associate Professor
- Dr. Anand Sharma, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Vivek Kankane, Assistant Professor