Jiwaji University, established in 1964, has its parallel in progress and growth of India’s development. Inspite of 50 years of passage of time, Jiwaji University is in prime of its youth. It is gradually unfolding its students’ fraternity to be amalgamated into the world over.
The premises of the Jiwaji University, with its looming infrastructure is greatly admired, it creates a perfect ambience for academic drive.
One has to step into the sprawling green environs of Jiwaji University to live the serenity, warmth of life and pulse of youth.
With the successful accomplishment of half a century Jiwaji University further moves a head to enshapen the youth of the country. It has been possible with THE DREAM, THE VISION and THE DEDICATION of its founders, faculties, departments and students.
Presently, this university is made up of 12 faculties 34 School of Studies with 88 courses and more than 400 colleges along with centre of distance learning programme. Various departments and colleges are spread across the 8 districts of Gwalior and Chambal region of Madhya Pradesh. University offers environment which is both supportive to individual scholars and characterized by a defining and enduring sense of community. The personal sense of academic identity, provided is life-long.
I firmly believe that the University should be a vibrant Knowledge Center. It is the ultimate platform to help flourish the multi-dimensional talents of the students through different academic and co-curricular activities. The university should provide the quality education which is rich in values and modern in content. Being the Vice Chancellor in the era of 21st century, I would like to focus on consolidation, expansion and diversification, with the following key thrust areas:
- Strengthen University on the Global Map of research and education;
- Creating more healthy environment for Research Activities;
- To make the University responsive to ever changing societal needs;
- Teaching enhancement program for teachers to adopt new methods and teaching aids;
- To make best use of IT Infrastructure for Automation in Administrative and Academic process;
- New methods and teaching aids which will contribute more to the society.
- Adaptation to and application of new technology has to be an integral part of the curriculum development for all stages of education.
- Better aligned to industry and global practices,
- Development of scientific temperament.
I welcome the new students as we value your trust in us, and your contribution in making this University better.
My good wishes are with you.
Prof. Sangeeta Shukla
Jiwaji University, Gwalior