Department of Microbiology
Department of Microbiology came in to existence in 1995 under Headship of Prof. Dr. (Mrs.) Sarla Srivastava assisted by Dr. V K Dewan, Dr. (Mrs.) Sarita Singh. It is providing clinical and diagnostic facility to 1,000+ beded J.A. group of Hospitals Presently department is being headed by
Dr. Savita Bharat
Head & Professor
M.D. Microbiology ( 3 seats per year ) started in year 2014
1. Aerobic and anaerobic culture and sensitivity (automated and conventional) facility.
2. Various Diagnostic Sections Including Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Serology, and Immunology
3. Sentinel surveillance centre for Dengue and Chikungunya.
4. Integrated counseling and testing centre for HIV.
5. State reference laboratory for HIV testing and quality control for Gwalior Chambal division
6. Facilities for CD4 cell counting for ART centres.
7. Line probe assay laboratory (proposed), for diagnosis and drug resistance pattern for Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
8. State reference laboratory under IDSP programme infectious diseases.
1. Research mentoring for medical students.
2. Integreted teaching practice for M.B.B.S curriculum.
- Dr. Savita Bharat, Head & Professor
- Dr. Vaibhav Misra, Professor (Designated)
- Dr. K. P. Ranjan, Professor
- Dr. Neelima Ranjan, Associate Professor (Designated)
- Dr. Anshu Mittal, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Gajendra Parihar, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Mahendra Garg, Demonstrator
- Dr. Vishal Maheshwari, Demonstrator
- Dr. Rishika Khetan, Demonstrator
- Dr. Pushpa Bhargava, Demonstrator
- Dr. Shiplee Chhawania, Demonstrator