DEPARTMENT OF RADIOTHERAPY AND ONCOLOGY
Radiotherapy & oncology department established since year 2003, in year 2007 department installed Cobalt-60 machine, HDR-brachytherapy and treatment planning systems. Departments provides radiotherapy, chemotherapy and palliative care facilities to all types of cancer patients, we have full fleshed ward with 50 bed occupancy (including indoor and day care). In future with help of central government, department will develop state of art facilities including modern radiotherapy technique like 3D-CRT, IMRT, IGRT facilities with help of CT-simulator, PET-CT etc.
- Dr. Sanjay singh Chandel, Professor & Head
- Dr. Amit Agrawal, Assistant Professor
- Shri P.K. Mishra, physicist cum Asst. professor
- Concurrent Radiotherapy and Weekly Paclitaxel for Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Uterine Cervix–Treated Patients at Rural Centre in India, Sanjay S chandel, KK Singh, A K Nigam.International Journal of Science and Research, 2(8), 171 – 175.2013.
- “The effect of treatment prolongation in treatment of cervical cancer patient” –treated patients at rural center in India, Sanjay S chandel, KK Singh,AKnigam, Rajesh Singh Baghel.Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 9, Issue 2 (Jul. – Aug. 2013), PP 70-75.
- Role of Twice Weekly HDR- Brachytherapy in Management of Carcinoma of Uterine Cervix”- Experience of Rural Centre in India, Sanjay Singh Chandel, KK Singh, AK Nigam, Rajesh Singh Baghel. GJMR Volume 13 Issue 3 Version 1.0 July 2013, page 33-38.
- “Multimodality approach in management of retinoblastoma case report and review of literature, Sanjay S chandel, Vishal bhargava, A K Nigam, Global Journal of Biology, Agriculture & Health Sciences in Vol. 2(3), page 32-34, 2013.
- A rare histopathology report of carcinoma of paranasal sinus and nasal cavity” Vishal Bhargava, Manoj Gulati, Akshay Nigam, Sanjay Singh. Global Journal of Biology, Agriculture & Health Sciences in Vol. 2(3), page 56-57, 2013.
- Spindle Cell Sarcoma of Uterine Cervix with”- A Rare Case Report Sanjay Singhchandel, Akshaykumarnigam. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2014 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
- Study of twice weekly HDR- brachytherapy in management of carcinoma of uterine cervix. Sanjay Singh, KK Singh, Jayanthi C, Rahul Umbarkar. Brachytherapy News Letter Vol. 1 Issue 3 July 2009-Sep2009 Page 14-17.
- Rectal doses in intracavitary HDR brachytherapy of cancer cervix, Comparison of two dosimetric methods. A physicist point of view. Umbarkar RB, Singh K.K., Sanjay Singh,Shrivastava Rajeev, MB Sarje, Brachytherapy News Letter Vol. 1 issue I Dec.2008-Feb.2009, Page. 15-18.
- “Calvarium metastasis from carcinoma tongue- a rare case report”. Sanjay Singh, K.K. Singh, C Jayanthi, K. Kumawat. Indian Journal of Otology, Vol. 16, Sep-Dec 2010, page 35-37.
- “Evaluation of role of Radical radiotherapy and chemotherapy in cervical cancer patients”. A preliminary report Sanjay Singh Chandel, Rajesh kumar Jain. Clinical cancer investigationJournal. ISSN: 2278-1668 Volume 5(II) 126-131 (2016).
- “Serum alkaline phosphatase Level As A Better Predictor for Metastatic Breast cancer in Comparison to Acid Phosphatase And Calcium Activities”S Srivastava, N Singh, AK Nigam,Sarvesh Kumar,S SChandel, R Srivastava. IOSR-JDMS. Vol 15, Issue 12Ver. II (December 2016). PP15-19.
- “Comparative study of hematological parameters along with effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy in different stages of breast cancer”. S Srivastava, N Singh, AK Nigam, S S Chandel, R Srivastava, Sarvesh kumar. Int J Res Med Sci.2017 Jan; 5(1):311-315
- “Dosimetric analysis of 3D image based high dose rate brachytherapy treatment planning of carcinoma of uterine cervix: Initial experience at central india government institute” Suresh Yadav, Sanjay Singh Chandel et al. Volume 11, Issue 8, PP 244-250.Year 2019 Journal of cancer science and therapy. ISSN:1948-5956.
- Dosimetric Comparison of Two Type’s Applicator Geometry in the Three‑Dimensional Computed Tomography Image‑Based Intracavitary Brachytherapy Treatment Planning of Carcinoma Uterine Cervix journal of radiation and cancer research, vol 12issue I, jan-march 2021, page 1-9.
- Study of twice weekly brachytherapy in management of carcinoma of uterine cervix. KK Singh, Sanjay Singh, Rahul Umbarkar, R. Shrivastava, M B Sarje. Book of abstract ICMP 2008. Page.102-103.
- Efficacy of bio-effect dose and overall treatment time in radiotherapy of carcinoma of cervix- A Prospective Study. Rahul Umbarkar, Sanjay Singh, KK Singh, Rajeev Shrivastava, MukundSarje, Sanjay S. Supe, Book of abstract ICMP 2008. p115.
- Prescription dose analysis and evaluation of carcinoma breast on Co-60 radiation beam. MB Sarje, KK Singh, Rahul Umbarkar, V. Jain, R. Shrivastava, Sanjay Singh, Book of Abstract ICMP 2008. P 75.
- Unusual presentation of testicular tumor- a rare case report. Sanjay SinghChandel, K.K Singh, Presented in national conference of AROICON-2011.
- Pattern of recurrence in cervical cancer patients treated with radical radiotherapy in rural Centre in India.Sanjay SinghChandel, K.K Singh. Presented in national conference of AROICON -2011.
- Clinical Significance of overall treatment time and concurrent chemo radiation in the treatment of Carcinoma Cervix: A prospective study. K K Singh, Sanjay Singh, Rahul Umbarkar, Rajeev Shrivastava, MukundSarje. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol. 4, Sup.1, Page S36. 2008.
- Concurrent radiotherapy and weekly paclitaxel in locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of uterine cervix. Sanjay Singh, K.K. Singh Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol. 5, Sup.2, Page S102. 2009.
- “The effect of treatment prolongation on treatment of cervical cancer patient treated at rural Centre of India”. Sanjay Singh Chandel, A.K Nigam, PK Mishra, Rajesh Singh Baghel. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol. 4, Sup.1, Page S34, 2012.
- “Extra cranial metastasis in a case of medulloblastoma- a rare case report”. Sanjay Singh chandel, Akshaykumarnigam. Indian Journal of cancer. Vol.50,Suppl 1 Nov 2013page no 200. ISSN OO19-509X
- Spindle Cell Sarcoma of Uterine Cervix with Lung & Liver Metastasis”- A Rare Case Report.Sanjay Singh chandel, Akshaykumarnigam. Indian Journal of cancer,Vol.50,Suppl 1 Nov 2013, page91,ISSN OO19-509X
- S S Chandel, Nigam A. K. “Six fractions per week of external beam radiotherapy and high-dose-rate brachytherapy for Treatment of locally advanced cervical carcinoma” Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol. 11, Sup.1, Page S40. 2015 (Abstract).
- S S Chandel, Nigam A. K. “Comparison of two different fractionations schedule in treatment of early breast carcinoma” Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol. 11, Sup.1, Page S36. 2015 (Abstract).