Jaya Arogya Hospital also known as JAH was built during the period of Late Madhav Rao Scindia and was inaugurated formally in 1899. A total of 400 beds were available in 1946, in the main building, In the main building of the hospital Medical & Surgical wing for male and female patients separately on either side of the hospital on the ground and first floor. The second floor was used for ophthalmic ward and a museum. This main hospital building of this erstwhile service hospital accommodated the pathology section on the ground floor. A separate building building provided for about fifty maternity beds. Facilities were available for normal deliveries and for obstetrics surgery e.g., a caesarian section or ectopic pregnancy was done in the female surgical ward in the main building. The Operations were performed in the operation theatre of JA Hospital, where gynecological and female surgical cases too were operated. A radio surgical block was sanctioned in 1936 as an Annex to the main building this block accommodated the Radiology Department on the ground floor and the first floor provided an independent operation theatre complex. The pathology division was shifted to the college building after 1948. An OPD for 1500 patients were made in to separate building called Madhav Dispensary. The nursed training school already existed and the staff was accommodated in a special nurses hostel.
Remarks by the visitors: Major General H. C. Buckley, Chairman of the inspecting committee of Agra University stated on March 6, 1946, praised the hospital as very well organized, clean and orderly. He also compared the X-ray Department as the best on in India and recommended it to convert into teaching hospital. Major General Thomas Moore, Military advisor (October 30, 1946) praised the hospital on the efficiency of the staff, building architecture and equipments During the visit of Lord and Lady Mountbatten in 1947, November complemented on efficiency of the staff, building architecture and equipments. Various hospitals like Kamla Raja Hospital for female and children, Tuberculosis Hospital, Bhagwat Sahai Neurosurgery Hospital, Intensive care Unit, Madhav Dispensary was added later on with the formation of the Medical College and it became a group of Hospitals. At present the bed strength of Hospital is about 1200 beds. Hospital is equipped with the all the modern equipments. After the inception of Department of Neurosurgery in 1972, it became first hospital to acquire the facility of Neurosurgery and Neurology in the State. The Hospital Building for the Neurology section was started in 19 and was inaugurated as Dr. Bhagwat Sahai Neurosurgery Hospital in 198 . Since then it is running as a separate hospital with all the facilities for investigations and is now at the verge of acquiring Spiral CT Scan and MR Imaging system.